Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Th Life Cycle of Pre-Made Pasta


I can still remember the day I was made. Mixed into batter and pressed into long strands. I was then cooked and placed into a plastic tray. Soon later, there was a creamy, cheesy sauce poured over me and a clear plastic lid was sealed a inch above me trapping me inside. Who am I kidding; I wasn't going anywhere because I am pasta. I was loaded into a dark brown along with many other combinations of sauce and noodle.

After a long bumpy ride in the back of who knows what, we finally stopped. I could hear talking outside and then I heard a loud creek like a large door opening. All of a sudden I feel almost weightless and then I am dropped onto the ground, tipped almost sideways and on another ride but less bumpy this time. Again I feel weightless and then there is the drop again. I see a shiny silver triangle poke past the tape on top of the box and rip all the way across the top. I then see a bright light peek through the crack, and then the top is completely off. There is something like one of the walking, talking things that put me in a box and sealed me up hovering over me like a giant. A humungous five pronged tan object reaches down, picks me up, and puts me right on top of others just like me. The man leaves and then another person picks me up and throws me in a topless metal cage.

We ride around smoothly for a while but then she takes me out of the cage and puts me on a black rubbery mat that moves me closer to a glowing, red, gun-like-thing. Now the lady with the apron and gun lifts me and scans my black striped combination on my sticker. Next I am set down in a plastic bag just like what other humans are carrying out of the store. Again the bag is picked up and I am being carried to something and then comes another bumpy ride to a different location.

My lid is opened and I am being dumped into a shiny circle with a long shiny handle. I feel a woosh as the circle heats up rapidly. I feel my self browning and I am dumped onto another colorful circle this time with no handle. I am stabbed by a pronged silver object and lifted up into the persons speaker. It gets dark and I am being broken up. I won't have time to finish this log because I am running out of time.

4 comments: