Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Letter From Ponyboy to Darry

Dear Darry,
                I know that you really didn’t mean to hit me like that, but I had no other choice than to run away with Johnny. We went to the park, to calm down a bit, but when we were going back, the blue car came and tried to jump us. We held them for a little while, until they said I needed a good washing. They (Specifically Bob) tried to drown me, but when I started toose consciousness, Johnny used his switch to stab and kill Bob. Since I was there when Johnny stabbed Bob, the soc, I have to hide with him. Please don’t call the police and say we’re missing.  We both knew we had to get out of there before the fuzz came so we wouldn’t get stuck behind bars. At the time, both of us felt unwanted around here so we went to Dally, who got a gun and some money from Steve, hopped on a train, and jumped off near Jay Mountain. There we found an old abandoned church where Johnny and I camped out for a long time. We bought food and cigarettes at the store so we would go crazy or starve. When we went back to the church, there was a school having a picnic up there, and the church was on fire. Johnny and I saved 4 or 5 kids from the burning church. I have a few minor burns so I’m alright, but a wooden ceiling brace fell on, and broke Johnny’s back. We and I miss you guys, and don’t worry too much ‘cause we’ll be fine.

-Ponyboy

No comments:

Post a Comment