Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Parody Poem

Polly, let me tell you a story
About my field day
When I was in grade school

The excitement
has overcome me
BAM the pistol is fired
And off we go

The breeze
Slapping me in the face
Deafening me
Sprinting to the finish

I'm falling behind
But I try to keep up
and yet,
I have gone nowhere.

And the race is done

This parody is from the point of view of Donald Zinkoff during the Field Day races. This is what he is thinking during the final event of the running relay. He is trying to end with a bang and win for his team, but that doesn't happen I think the tone of this story is  self-reflective and the mood is anxious. It is a parody of Mother to Son.

2 comments:

  1. This doesn't really state the fact that he messed up. Also you need to use the metaphor Life for me hasn't been .... good word choice and context though.

    ReplyDelete